At the Door Pick-up Service
started December 1, 2020
Eveleth Public Library is offering a no-contact "At the Door" Pick-up of requested materials. This service is for picking up items on hold ONLY. No other transactions will be handled. The library reserves the right to cancel or limit "At the Door" pickup due to inclement weather or limited staffing.
So how will this work?
So how will this work?
- Start by placing holds on materials you want via online, email, or phone contact.
- Be aware that not all materials you requests may be available immediately or at the same time.
- When you receive notification that something is here for you, you will need to set up a time for pick-up. In most cases Eveleth Public Library staff will call you to set up a time to pick up your items, however if you have not received a call within 3 business days of receiving notification please call the library.
- Schedule a 10-minute pickup window. The schedule is used to limit your exposure and give staff sufficient time to prepare materials.
- Library staff require a 1-day advance notice for "At the Door" pickup.
- Pick-up is limited to materials on hold.
- Additional items cannot be added to the request at the time of pickup.
- Not all items initially requested may be available at the same time.
- All requests will be filled in the order they were received as the items become available.
- Check your account information on-line to determine which items are available for pick-up.
- You will be allowed to pick of other family member’s held items to limit the number of patrons coming to the library if library staff is informed prior to pick-up.
- Staff will retrieve your holds and check out materials to your account.
- Staff will then put the materials into a disposable bag, staple it shut, and attach a slip with your first name and last initial.
- Park near designated sign outside the library and remain in your vehicle. Call to inform staff you have arrived for your scheduled pickup. Staff may ask you to verify your library barcode.
- If you do not have a cell phone, call the library prior to leaving home and give us your expected arrival time.
- Staff will set your bagged materials on the table outside the library’s front door at the schedule time slot.
- After the staff return to the library building you can pick up your bagged items and depart.
- Staff will not accept returns at the door. All returns are to be placed in the outside book drop, NOT on the pick-up table. This is to avoid contamination of materials and help guarantee social distancing is maintained.
- Bags that have not been picked up at their scheduled time will be held for three business days to allow for rescheduling.