1. Cut the center circle from paper plate. Most paper plates have lines you can cut along.
2. Cut out stars from red and blue paper. Use the red or blue star to trace stars onto the silver paper, cut those out.
3. Glue stars to the paper plate alternating red, blue, and white or silver side up.
4. After you finish gluing your stars on the plate, you will want to attach something to hang it by. If you have a hole punched in your plate you can loop ribbon through the hole. Otherwise you can glue (or staple) ribbon for your hanger.
5. Make a bow or streamers from the rest of the ribbon and attach to your wreath. (Our bow is made using 3 different ribbons.) If you have more ribbon or find some that you like, add it to make it your own.
6. If you are a glitter person, you can put glue and glitter on your wreath
Just a few notes. I don't recommend using foam plates for this craft because the stars don't seem to stick as well. Also we used silver wrapping paper in the place of white construction paper. We liked that better than using glitter because it made it so our wreath had a little sparkle to it without all the mess of glitter.
The supplies we sent out for our wreath had 3 inch stars. We found a good template for our stars at First Palette along with ideas for other star crafts.